Thursday, March 8, 2007

Wednesday and Thursday Fun

Wednesday I went to the gym around four and did one set of 20 pullups, followed by some ab-work. I then got on the treadmill and spun it for 5 miles at an incline of one.. Oh yes, and I was on it ;) I finished that in 32:20 which is a 6:28 per mile pace.

Today, Thursday, I did 3 sets of 10 squats using the smith machine. Only had one 45 on each side but ouch! That was still enough to hurt my glutius maximus in a major way! I then did a couple one-arm come-downs for the one arm chinning training, followed by 3 sets of +35 pound pullups (5 reps each). Did one last exercise before running; 3 sets of that pulley machine "pull-to" exercise for your back. Got on the treadmill and did an easy run of 3 miles at a 7:30 per mile pace. The slope was set to 2. I was hurting on the run because the squats took a lot of juice out of me.

I've been getting donation commitments on paper from a lot of people. I'm pretty psyched about the marathon fast approaching! There's a lot of money on the line for Helping Hands if I finish in my target time of 3:18:00.

I just found out yesterday that I will be able to go on a work related trip to Alaska on Saturday, March 10th and returning Friday, March 16th. I probably won't be able to make any posts from out there, but I'll definitely do some maintenance runnin'!