Monday, January 29, 2007

Sorry about the gap in posts. . I had a good strength workout on Thursday last week -- Did a number of leg exercises that kept me sore over the weekend and got a little upper body in too. I didn't get a workout or run in on Friday because I my left shin was still b0thering me and I want to make sure I didn't make it worse.

This weekend in Atlantic City was awesome. I went up and down a bunch in money, and ended up losing overall, but I had a good time doing it ;) I took 6th place overall in a 140 person no-limit hold'em tournament at the Taj.

I didn't have my "long run" workout until I was home and off of a phone call last night at 11 p.m. I did our new elliptical (Robyn, my fiance, bought one last week) for 2 hours and I think I ran an equivalent of about 15 miles. Burned 3200 calories according to the machine, but my guess is that's a pretty big overestimate. I watched the end of Battlestar Galactica and two episodes of lost on netflix while on that machine-o-pain and still had time to kill.. Finally got off a little after 1 a.m. and crawled into bed after a shower and shave.. Made for a late morning today. I gotta be a little better about not letting my workouts cut into my normal sleeping hours!

Next weekend's long run I'm going for 17.5 miles. I hope it's not snowing!

Cheers.