Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Monday and Tuesday's Training

Monday I had off from work for Presidents Day (albeit, as a contractor I worked from home..) so I didn't have the regular gym routine to turn to. As mentioned in my last post I was planning on doing speed work on the treadmill at Fort Meyer. I did just that with an exercise I found in runners world. I did twenty 400 meter repeats at "10K pace" which actually turned out to be a little faster--about 9.7 mph pace. I gave myself just 30 seconds to recover between each repeat, so I was feelin' it good! I ran My last one "full out," as recommended, and had the pace all the way to 12 mph towards the end. My hamstrings are still a little sore from that performance ;)

Today, Tuesday, I was planning on going to the climbing gym with a bunch of people I met at a party over the weekend.. However, I got to work--and consequently left work--a little too late for that. So I jumped on the elliptical again for 32 min and "1000 calories". I still think that thing has to be off on the cals, but it's motivating to think I may have had that good a workout!

Tomorrow I'm planning on an actual outdoor run! It's been a while, with the crappy weather and all!