Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Tuesday and Wednesday Workouts

Yesterday, I worked straight thru the workday and didn't get home until 8 p.m. or so. Committed as I am to training right for this marathon, I was not going to fold on a workout! When I got home, my lady and I popped in a "Lost" DVD and I got on the new home elliptical again. I worked it for 45 minutes on the top resistance level and had a NICE burn in my quads by the time I stepped off.

My shin was in pain Monday and Tuesday, so I iced it a bunch both days and started doing rehab exercises and stretches I read about on the internet... going to nip this thing in the bud. It's feeling much better today and I plan on continuing the rehab stuff until the shin splints go away entirely.

Today I played racquetball with my roommate Justin, and felt good. My game was on, and my legs were fresh.

Tomorrow will be a six miler with a guy I met recently at work who I found out also runs along the Tow Path. It's going to be in the 20s or 30s so I'm going to have to bring the warm gear en force!