Monday, February 12, 2007

Monday Madness!!

I was up kind of late last night, likely due to my LATE sleep in Sunday. I decided to check out the crossfit.com journal that my brother (flying Cobras in Iraq right now) got me a subscription to for X-mas. Jumping around in the links I ran into the following workout: http://www.dragondoor.com/articler/mode3/232/

It's a regimen that you use to train for one-arm chin-ups. Definition from the link above: "A one-arm chin means to pull yourself from a dead hang, with one arm only, until the bottom of your chin is higher than a stationary bar. The free hand should not touch any part of the pulling arm or bar, but if you are skilled, it will be used to control your balance and prevent unwanted body twist."

Sounds like a new crazy thing to work for!! Yeah baby.. I will do a one-arm chin one of these days! ;)

Today was my first one-arm chin workout day! I went to the gym at 3 p.m. and got to work doing alternating one arm "comedowns" which are basically negatives of one-arm chins. I did not have much control and what is supposed to last 3 to 4 seconds was really about half a second! I did a bunch of exercises for lats, biceps, shoulders, and middle back to supplement the "comedowns". I also did some comedowns with "help," meaning I supported some of my weight on a bar below my feet. After such a hard workout I rewarded myself to a three mile run in the chilly outdoors in nothing but running shorts and short-sleeve shirt. Good fast little run got me breathin hard!

All in all, a very good workout today. I am motivated!