Monday, February 12, 2007

Sunday's Ellipse

I slept in late Sunday after having a pretty awesome Friday and Saturday. Won some good money playing poker Friday night and then did a lot of game-playing Saturday (chess, settlers of caton board-game, blockus board-game). Did a lot of winning all weekend! Also enjoyed a fair amount of beer between Friday and Saturday.

Sunday, I got up at 3 p.m.! I was dreaming hard until I woke up which means it was good REM sleep. I sat down to a bowl of cereal and a bunch of water. I started watching "Saw" from my netflix rentals while allowing some time to pass before starting my workout and got on the elliptical after about 45 minutes. Watched "Saw" the rest of the way thru (and got nice and pumped towards the end when all the intense stuff started happening -- ahh nothing like the wonderful ineptitude of the protagonists to get you moving!)

After Saw was done, I put in the first disc of Family Guy, Season four. That was awesome--extremely funny! Especially the opening of the first episode which had Stewie riding his power wheels thru all kinds of ridiculously funny scenes with the Dragnet music playing! Nearly fell off the elliptical laughing! I kept working out throughout 4 and a half episodes of Family Guy and finally got off the object of torture (jk) after 2 hours and 45 minutes of effort on it. The thing is definitely incorrect when it comes to calories burned. It told me I burned 4800 calories! There's no way! I would guess 3000 or less in reality..

Today I plan on doing an easy outdoor run during my lunch break.